Monday, February 8, 2010

Okay...

Okay, so I'm not done, but I'm so close.  I could show the layouts that I've done so far, but I think it would be much nicer to see it all together. 

So...tomorrow. 

Really. 

I mean it.

I started this blog for fun, family, friends and accountability (that's why I mean it above).  I decided to make something once a week as a challenge to see if I really do like making stuff or if I just think I would like to.  I have a friend who once told me that I just like the idea of scrapbooking more than the actual scrapbooking.  That is somewhat true.  I love the products available.  The stickers, paper and other embellishments are like candy to my eyes.  I can't help but collect them whenever something inspires me.  With money being tight now it's gotten much easier to resist temptation, but I still see a lot of beautiful things.   Fortunately, I like to make a wide variety of things and all my goodies can be used in a variety of crafty endeavors.  So... back to my friends comment, I wanted to find out if what she said was true and test myself this year.  Do I like making things or do I just like collecting?  And I wanted to see if I think I have any talent.  Am I good at what I do?  Do others like it?  Should I have not let Rose's talent deter me from working on my own all these years? 

Finally, even if no one else particularly admires what I make, do I still want to create things for my own pleasure?
My first-child, perfectionist tendencies tell me probably not, but that's what Just Make Something Mondays are all about helping me discover. 

[Here's a shout-out to the one person whom I know will read this, my sweet sister Kymberly.  Thanks, it really means a lot to me.]
I'll have to tell you about her later.  She's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment