Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year - Almost

Well, the new year has begun, but at our house it doesn't really feel like it until school starts back and my hub goes back to work. So we're still being lazy and enjoying one of the few cold times that we'll experience here in Florida each year. Tomorrow I'll be making a nice Shrimp and Corn Chowder from my lovely friend Dodie. Then in the evening I'm going to get my favorite pot roast started in my new crock pot from my in-laws (XOXO). We'll eat that Monday. It'll be the perfect end to our first day back on a schedule.

I'm not making any resolutions this year. It's too disappointing when I get further into the year and realize I've totally forgotten about them. I am planning to do something crafty every week though. I love to make things and I just don't make the time to so I'm going to start my Just Make Something Mondays. I'll work on something either throughout the week on I might just throw something together on Monday if I run out of time, but I'll still make something. I'll post it on Monday to keep myself accountable. I'm already busy, for me, but I really want to do this. It's a part of myself that I've been neglecting for too long. Of course, this means that I need to get the 2,796 photos off of my camera. Yeah, 2,796! A whole years worth. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment